Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An Ode to my beloved

I can move the sun, the moon & the skies..
How can I move you?
The warmth in your eyes when you smile..
Your fleeting glance, a faint glimpse of hope..
I soar high like a marquee.
I plunge like I have jumped the bungee..
free suspension..my heart popping out of my mouth.
Gay abandon..light in the head,
And wish time freezes the moment.
Lo and behold, you are gone.
I hear your footsteps, and smile.
I wonder how you are able to elicit in me,
A volcano of emotions that have erupted and is overflowing.
Your eyes, innocence in them..
I wonder in awe, how beautiful and tender, He made you..
An orchid....rare and aloof.. wild and beautiful.
Why did he make me meet you..
I wander through the maze of people everyday
And my mind stays on you.
My heart ..like a chocolate in summer.
Your thoughts like the fragrance of a lone rose in the breeze
Soothing the senses, opening up my heart.
Worried I am, that our eyes might never meet again
If I keep putting off the thought of letting you know,
That I cant live without you anymore
So here I wish to declare to the world
That I love you, and will love you till the sea meets the sky
I yearn for your attention..
that cannot be earned by a few million.
Tell me how can I move you , tell me how?
I‘ll change the course of the Danube..
I’ll build you a Taj..
I’ll conquer mighty kingdoms..
I’ll lay at your feet the Kohinoor..
I’ll sing a ballad for you every night..
I’ll be your Man Friday..
With my heart in my mouth
and hope in my heart, I ask sheepishly..
Will you be my Valentine..?


Author : Pallassana Vadassery Vinod Kumar
Email: vinodvadassery@gmail.com

No comments: